TIS taking all necessary precautions to ensure the safety of our school community during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please see the policies and procedures at the bottom of this page for more information.
A First aid attendant is on staff during regular school hours. If a student is injured or feels ill, he or she should report to the First Aid Office. The attendant will make an assessment and provide treatment as necessary. Parents will be notified if the illness/injury warrants the student leaving school early.
TIS is a “Nut Aware” School. Student safety is always our first priority. Some of our students have severe allergic reactions to nuts; they also pose a choking hazard for our younger students. Some classrooms may be classified as “nut-free” if there is a child in the class with nut allergies.
Parents will be made aware if their child’s class is a “nut-free” classroom and will be asked to refrain from sending peanuts (or other nuts) to school with their children.
TIS experiences heavy congestion before and after school. Please use the designated crosswalks (zebra crossings) whenever possible. Drivers are reminded to practice extra care and to drive slowly.
Parent ID Badges
TIS invites parents to be involved at the school. For the sake of security, TIS families must register for a Parent ID badge to wear when visiting or volunteering at the school.
In case of emergencies such as typhoons, the school’s first priority is the safety and well being of students, staff and parents. The latest information as well as updates will be provided to parents via the TIS website, Facebook page and SMS Text Message. You can sign up here:
SMS Text Message
- COVID-19 Cleaning Guidelines
- COVID-19 Health Monitoring & Management
- COVID-19 Preparing the School Before Resumption of Classes
- COVID-19 Pick Up & Drop Off Routines
- Head Lice Fact Sheet
- Inclement Weather & Other Emergencies Policy
- Inclement Weather Procedures (Chinese)
- Inclement Weather Procedures (English)
- Off Campus Activities Policy
- Public Concerns and Complaints Policy
- Security Protocol and Procedures
- Visitors Policy
- Student Assessment, Evaluation, and Reporting
- Student Suspension and Expulsion Policy
- Student Code of Conduct
- Student Placement & Promotion
- Teacher Supervision & Evaluation Policy
- TIS Staff Code of Conduct